For use in dogs. Helps support diet change and a healthy digestive tract.
A source of:
• alpha-Amylase which can hydrolyze starch.
• Protease which can hydrolyze proteins.
• Cellulase which can break down cellulose.
• Lipase which can hydrolyze triglycerides.
*alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) 2200 SKBU1
*Lipase (Aspergillus niger) 200 LU2
*Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 70 CMCU3
*Protease (Papaya) 21000 PU4
*Bacillus coagulans 95 Million CFU
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog & Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
(1) One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40 °C in 30 minutes. (2) One FCC Lipase Unit (LU) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that will liberate the equivalent of one μmol of acid (H+) per minute from the substrate, under the conditions of the assay. The assay is based on a five-minute hydrolysis of an olive oil substrate at pH 6.5 and 30 °C. The fatty acids released on hydrolysis of the glycerol esters are determined by titration with sodium hydroxide. (3) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay. (4) The activity of bromelain is measured in the FCC PU; the assay of which is based on the hydrolysis of casein. This assay is based on a 60-minute proteolytic hydrolysis of a casein substrate at pH 6.0 and 40 °C. One PU (Papain Unit) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that liberates the equivalent of 1μg of tyrosine per hour under the conditions of the assay.
Fructooligosaccharides, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Solubles, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Product, Carica papaya, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Microcystalline Cellulose, Maltodextrin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Natural Flavoring, Stearic Acid, Dried Whey, Silica Aerogel, Magnesium Stearate.